I keep thinking I'll post about Bobby's health challenges over the past few years, but every time I think about it, I just don't want to go there emotionally. Someday, just not now. It's hard enough sometimes just dealing with the present.
He was diagnosed and began treatment for systemic lupus last spring. Some days it's just horrible for him. He hasn't felt like himself in so long. I hate it and so does he. Today he is completely miserable. He has been nauseated for 4 days now, his head hurts, his joints hurt (hips, wrists, knees, back, ankles, you name it). His hands and feet are swollen, he just hurts.
He missed work Thursday, Friday and today because of it all. He fakes feeling well most of the time. In addition to the lupus, he suffers with migraine headaches, several a month. He also has had a lot of trouble with kidney stones. He was in pain with one just this weekend.
He has a great attitude and so do I... most of the time. Then there are those dark moments that creep in and make us wonder, "Will this EVER get any better?" At least we know that it will only last in this lifetime. I'd like to believe he is being tried and tested so he may someday be able to help someone else who is suffering as he is now. We have a lot of faith, but it is being tested.
We have awesome friends and family who remember us in their prayers, offer words of encouragement and serve us beyond belief. Thank you to all of you for your love and support.
Thanks for listening... this too shall pass.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
All my love and best wishes for good times! It can't all be fun and games, or else someone will lose a....well, you know. I don't know what your pain is like, but "I feel your pain."
That makes me so sad. Im sorry Bobby that you have to go through that, I cant even imagine being in pain all day long. I think i would just cry allllllll the time.
You are both in my thoughts and prayers!
You both are wonderful people and great examples. Hang in there...there is always a light at the end of the tunnel even if the tunnel seems really long.
I know you are tired of this challenge the Lord has given you. I also know you are only human and sometimes you feel sad and overwhelemd. But I also know you are a pillar of strength. When it seems like you want to throw in the towel I see your attitude change and you ask yourself, "What does the Lord want us to learn from all this?" I know you still don't know the answer but you keep going and that is all he has asked us to do. It makes me sad to see you and Bobby go through this physical, emotional and spiritual challenge. I know you will make it. Love You!
Post a Comment