Hello?
Anyone there?
One of my favorite things to do with my Blackberry, is to read others' blogs. I really want to blog, but am apprehensive about telling what is really going on in my mind and in my life. Life is great, and I am grateful for it. I have such wonderful, fulfilling blessings in my life. I am trying my best to not be like Lot's wife in the Old Testament, when she 'looked back' at her life before and longed for the past.
Our family has it's challenges, but our blessings far outweigh our inconveniences. I'm continuing to learn how to view our adversities as blessings and to be thankful for my trials. I truly am thankful for my trials. I am a better person now than I was before things became difficult. I try not to look at others and wish I had what they have. I have what is most important and precious to me. I try daily, sometimes hourly, to keep an eternal perspective and stay focused on what really matters most.
Bobby's health is better. We have switched roles for now. He stopped working at the end of March and I began working full time so that our family can have medical benefits. Bobby plans on furthering his education so that he can once again work full time in an environment that will be better for his health (with NO fluorescent lighting!).
Christopher graduated high school at the end of May and is currently working and preparing to serve a full time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We are so excited and proud of him!!! He will submit his mission papers at the end of July.
Chandler is still the life of our daily family party, our home is too quiet when he isn't around. He is 16 and has his driver license. He's patiently waiting for us to be able to insure him so he can actually use it! He is SO close to being an Eagle Scout. He'll have it by the end of summer. Woo hoo!
Haley is playing soccer and is very good at it. She's an amazing help to Bobby and I and is the best big sister ever! Words can not express my gratitude for such a loving, caring young lady for a daughter. She is just as beautiful inside as she is outside.
Karley is loving summer vacation. She too is such a great big sis! She has such an infectious laugh! We love to watch and listen to her as she watches something funny on TV, she's awesome. She loves to crochet and has made purses, and lots of necklaces and bracelets. She too is very caring and super helpful.
Danielle is growing up too fast. She and Karley just completed two weeks of swimming lessons with THE best teacher ever! They both did so well. Danielle is such a huge, wonderful blessing to our family and we all absolutely adore her! She turns 5 this fall so she will be attending one more year of preschool before she is able to start kindergarten. More time with Daddy!
My mom is currently going through chemotherapy. She was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. She had her first round of chemo last month and was terribly ill from it. She had surgery today where a port was placed near her clavicle. This port is where all chemo treatments will now be administered. She has starts her second round this Friday, the 9th.
Her good friend Claire shaved her head for her last week when her hair started to fall out. What a blessing Claire has been in her life! She and her family are true gifts from our Heavenly Father, I am eternally grateful for them.
My dad has been amazing during this entire process. It hurts him so much to see my mom so sick. He's a stud, and I am so proud of him.
Its extremely difficult living so far away. It makes my heart hurt so bad to not be there. My sweet husband took our three girls and is spending the week with my parents, helping where he can. I'm not sure if he is helping me or my parents more. I have such peace in my soul that he is there. I will have my turn to spend a week with my parents near the end of the month.
My dad's birthday is tomorrow, July 8th. Happy Birthday Dad. I love him and my mom so much!
Until next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Love and prayers coming to you and your mom! She is an amazingly strong woman and so are you! Hang in there!!!
So glad you blogged Stephanie! You are amazing and you're family must be so proud of you!! So sorry to hear about your mom. Prayers are with you all.
Carly
Loved the update! You are an amazing example!
Jill Pack
Stephanie...It has been forever since I have checked blogs and here is a bomb about your Mom...I am so sorry to hear that she is going through this. Your family is in our prayers and thoughts! We love you guys!
We loved the family picture...the kids are no longer kids!
Lots of love!
Sarah & Troy
Post a Comment